1/15/2011

Free spirit

Anyone who knows anything about me , knows I don't like to be told what to do. I don't like to answer to anyone. Obvious authority issues, but I think we are masters of our own fate and architects of our own misery, SO why should I spend the majority of my life letting the ideas, opinions, and orders of others govern my life. Hey " I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way  I want to" - Jimi Hendrix ( probably THE best definition of a kindred spirit). I know I know , I am part of the "me" generation , where american teens are more confident , assertive , and entitled but still more miserable than ever. There is a difference between only living for yourself , and living by your own rules. Once we all stop either , believing we are entitled to opinions that we have no right to , or realize that if our life's joy is influenced by the opinions of society we will always be dissatisfied , we might all start to actually understand each other. You start to feel more free , once you no longer care about anyone else's opinion of yourself. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment